Nau mai, Haere mai and Welcome to Orakei Health Services – Affordable healthcare at its best.
Orakei Health Services is owned and operated by Ngati Whatua o Orakei Community Health Services. We are a community minded general practice, with an extensive range of services and very experienced staff that understand healthcare should be affordable for everyone.
To make a booking click on the tab below.
There has been confirmed cases of measles in Auckland recently(April 2015). Below is information with regard to measles
- A fever
- A cough
- A runny nose
- Sore and watery ‘pink’ eyes
- Sometimes small white spots on the back inner cheek of your mouth.
Day 3–7 of illness
- A blotchy rash which tends to start on your face, behind the ears, before moving over your head and down your body. The rash lasts for up to a week.
What to do if you or a family member has symptoms
- If you detect any of these symptoms, see your family doctor or call Healthline on 0800 611 116, for advice as soon as possible.
- It’s important to call before visiting your doctor because measles is easily passed on from one person to another. Phoning ahead helps ensure steps are taken to avoid you spreading measles in the waiting room.
- You should also stay away from work, school or public places, to help prevent putting other people at risk. This also applies if you or a family member aren’t fully immunised and may have been in contact with someone with measles